Control Anxiety and Depression By Eating Healthy Foods
Anxiety and depression are two anxiety disorders that may be controlled by certain mood foods. If you live with these mental health conditions you know how hard it is to get through even the simplest of days, let alone ones that can involve input from yourself. It’s more than worrying…it’s frightening!
Therefore if you can eliminate or at least control your feelings you have a better chance of enjoying the simple things in life without feeling anxious or depressed.
You may try to maintain a positive attitude, or look on the bright side of a situation…but maybe your moods are just not how you want them to be on an every day basis. Perhaps you reach for one of your favorite comfort foods…and bam…an anxiety attack erupts!
Lately I have been writing a lot about mood foods. So I am going to give you a few more anxiety relief tips that involve your diet. I am going to see if you eat the right mood foods!
Find Relief From Anxiety Naturally
Receive this eBook as a free gift!
Plus, learn how foods, vitamins & minerals effect your moods! I've learned how to manage my anxiety...and I share how!
Eating the right foods can help you alleviate the anxiety and depression by boosting your depressed hormones into action. So consider the information I am about to share with you on how you can overcome your own anxious feelings by just choosing healthy food to eat.
Foods for Getting Rid of Anxiety and Depression
We associate depression as a mental state that is characterized by a pessimistic sense of inadequacy and anxiety being characterized by fear and worry. These feelings of gloom and despair often require clinical intervention and a physician’s advice, but just by eating the right foods, you may find you feel differently!
By changing your diet and fueling your body with essential nutrients and minerals, you can control your anxious feelings. Let’s take a look at some healthy foods to add to your diet.
- Brown rice – It is capable of preventing mood swings and sugar lows because it can help you release glucose into the bloodstream gradually. Your body can also function properly because brown rice has important vitamins such as B1 and B3 as well as folic acid. B vitamins are excellent if you suffer with anxiety and depression.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – According to studies, deficiency of a fatty acid called as EPA is often found in people who experience depression. Consuming omega 3 fatty acids is considered by many researchers to be very helpful in decreasing anxiety symptoms. Oily fishes, such as tuna and salmon are good examples.
- Whole grain oats – Changes of moods are common and these mood swings can be alleviated by eating whole-grain oats which contain vitamin B6, pantothenic acid and folic acid which helps prevent blood sugar levels from crashing.
- Fruit – Have you heard about eating bananas for soothing anxiety? Bananas contain tryptophan which helps your body’s serotonin levels. Serotonin highs and lows affect your anxiety, therefore bananas can be used as a natural anti-anxiety mood food!
- Proteins – Proteins allow you to build muscles and strengthen your immune system. Protein can also help you get rid of anxiety. It can control your nervous system to produce good moods by regulating neurotransmitters and energizing the body. Best examples of foods rich in protein are eggs, cheese, fish, turkey, chicken, lean meat, fish and nuts.
- Vitamin C – This type of vitamin has calming effects that allow your body to counteract stress hormones, thus alleviating any feelings or moods that are related to anxiety. Foods that are rich in Vitamin C include raspberries, blueberries, oranges, strawberries and cherries.
- Vitamin B6 – Like Vitamin C, this vitamin has also effects that can help you become calm and steady, which you should do if you become anxious. Vitamin B6 also imitates how protein can energize the body to control mood swings and anxious behaviors. Common sources include liver, fish, wheat germ, soybeans and butter.
By just selecting the right foods to eat, you help yourself control anxiety and depression. If you begin to eat the right mood foods you are on the right path to healing yourself using natural anxiety relief techniques. Your body certainly won’t be affected by any consequences or side effects afterwards, you may find you will actually lose weight.
If you eat healthy foods, you will start to feel good and look good. Are you overweight and is it causing you more stress? If you are eating the wrong foods, such as those delicious chocolates, frothy milk coffees laden with sugar and sugary treats just because you want one…and then have that can of soft drink to wash it all down…then I’m sorry…but you can expect your moods to suffer. You may also experience a full blown panic attack!
So why not control your anxiety and depression and start eating healthy mood foods today! What foods do you eat that either cause your anxiety to worsen or what foods do you eat that make you not lose control?