Natural Anxiety Relief Techniques
If you have had enough and want to break free from the limitations set by your anxiety, there are steps that you can follow to start changing the way you live. How do I know? I’ve learned how to manage my own social anxiety disorder.
Simple Steps To Relieve Anxiety and Stress
One of the easiest methods to calm a looming anxiety or panic attack is to stop and do deep breathing techniques.
I’m not talking about breathing into a bag when hyperventilating, I am talking about learning how to deep breath correctly when you feel an anxiety or panic attack about to take control.
You can do these anywhere at anytime. Most of us know this…but when we are peaking, it is the further-most thing from our minds!
Find Relief From Anxiety Naturally
Discover how foods affect your moods and how vitamins and minerals can help with your anxiety and more!
I've learned how to overcome my anxiety and I want to help you too! Subscribe today and see how you can too!
Another easy one is sleep. Your body needs 7-8 hours of sleep every night in order to function optimally. You should also try to follow a regular sleep schedule by sleeping and waking at approximately the same time everyday.
This is important. Is your bedroom a peaceful haven? Is the environment in your bedroom conducive for sleeping so that you can get the quality rest that your body needs? By making sure that your room is quiet and dark, you will notice your anxiety levels decreasing over time.
Anxiety and Your Diet
Getting adequate nutrition from your diet is very important for managing your anxiety. You can eat foods that reduce anxiety or you can eat foods that will make it worse.
- Your ideal diet should be rich in vitamin and mineral content. Many foods increase your serotonin levels and your dopamine levels, so they are good ones to include in your daily diet.
- Food and drinks to avoid include, alcohol, caffeinated drinks such as tea and coffee and foods that are high in fats, sodium and sugars. These should be avoided as much as possible. You should also make sure to drink plenty of fresh water.
As your health improves, your level of anxiety and stress will start to decline and your mood swings and depression will lessen. You will actually begin to feel happier!
Increase Your Feel Good Hormones
Sometimes our bodies don’t produce enough dopamine and serotonin – the ‘feel-good’ hormones. Taking part in physical exercise activities will help you release these endorphins or hormones that make you feel good.
- There are also natural supplements for anxiety and depression, that can help increase your dopamine and serotonin levels. These supplements can also help with stress and anxiety panic attacks.
- The type of exercise you should do, does not need to necessarily involve strenuous work-outs. Simple activities like walking or swimming will do wonders for both your mind and body.
So diet, vitamins and minerals, natural anxiety supplements, watching your ‘mood foods’, getting plenty of sleep and exercising, are very effective anxiety relief techniques. These are not all of them! There are others, such as meditation and yoga just to name a couple more.
Unfortunately many anxiety sufferers don’t get out and exercise, especially if they are agoraphobic. Exercise is vital to managing anxiety.
These are all simple anxiety relief techniques that I am sure anyone can easily follow if they set their mind to it.
Some of the natural therapies are excellent anxiety relief techniques! Yoga, acupuncture, aromatherapy and meditation are prime examples.
- Music therapy is another. Why not listen to soothing music, whilst drinking an herbal tea? With these activities, you will soon be able to keep your anxiety attacks under control.
Anxiety and Panic Attack Treatments
There are many natural treatments. You do not necessarily have to take addictive anxiety medications if you do not want to, or at the very least you can ask your doctor if they can suggest natural anxiety supplements and treatments for you, including behavioral therapy and counseling.
- There are also self help programs you can do in the privacy of your own home and also programs for helping a child with anxiety. As you can see, you do not have to suffer with recurring panic attacks or anxiety symptoms anymore. You just have to take the first step.
- To really get started and to know what your triggers are, I suggest you start a journal to record your everyday details. I call it the ‘Five Senses Anxiety Journal‘. The reason I call it that, is because any little thing can trigger anxiety…it could be something you eat, smell, see, touch or hear!
So do you think I have shown you there are ways to find natural anxiety relief? If so, you might like to receive my special free report and article updates…so if you do, please subscribe to my newsletter.
- I would also like to thank you for visiting my website today, so please accept a free download right now. You can download a free gift right here, called ‘The Anxious Brain‘ and you don’t have to do anything to receive it…just download immediately.
I hope my website can help you in some small way. I am not a qualified doctor or therapist, I am someone like you. I have suffered with social anxiety for many years, but I have found many techniques that help me to control it naturally.
It took time and I wouldn’t say it was easy or that I have overcome it entirely, but I do know that I have it under control and I don’t have to rely on any medications whatsoever to get me through my day.
So let’s overcome our anxiety disorders together. It’s easier when you have someone to talk to that truly understands and doesn’t just ‘try’ to. I also have an anxiety group you might like to join. I look forward to you visiting regularly and giving me a chance to get to know you.
Have a wonderful day,